RAS Suspension vs Bags for sagging while towing

NullNomad

Reaction score
Stumbled across this product here… RAS Active Susspention and saw that @GrizZR2 posted about them. There was some good back and forth, but thought it would help to have a dedicated thread about them.

So with that, anyone familiar with them? Foreseeable issues with the stock DSSV (I’m not a suspension guy, honest question)? Thoughts about this vs a more traditional air bag system?

Stumbled across this product here… RAS Active Susspention and saw that @GrizZR2 posted about them. There was some good back and forth, but thought it would help to have a dedicated thread about them.

So with that, anyone familiar with them? Foreseeable issues with the stock DSSV (I’m not a suspension guy, honest question)? Thoughts about this vs a more traditional air bag system?
i like it. i get ugly squat with a 375lb atv. good find.

Im wondering about this too; I get a little squat even with my rooftop tent on. I would like to go to an in box camper someday but am worried about sacking out the suspension on logging roads
im interested and gonna see if i can find more info and reviews. i like the price point, ease of install, warranty and return policy. i love the dssv ride quality but hate that ugly sag with my ATV loaded.

I would call a lift shop like NorCal Truck and ask them about a heavier duty spring pack. If they are designed right, you'll get more leafs in the pack and it will support loading better, but not create a notably harsher unladen ride.

Deavers must make one for the 1500s that would work with ZR2.

Last edited:
im interested and gonna see if i can find more info and reviews. i like the price point, ease of install, warranty and return policy. i love the dssv ride quality but hate that ugly sag with my ATV loaded.
I see the Colorado owners rave about them in the reviews on Etrailer. Might want to check them out there. I seen one 1500 owner say it didn't stop the squatting but eliminated the bouncing when loaded.

I get a little sag with the decked system and my overland rack. Just how much depends on what load configuration I carry in the decked drawers. IE; Work tools, camping equipment, ect. ect. It does sag a lot more when loaded down and especially with the hitch cargo rack. Doesn't really bother me though and I haven't towed yet so I can't speak to that...

Attachments

• 20231213_161053.jpg
    20231213_161053.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 20231213_161105.jpg
    20231213_161105.jpg
    511.5 KB · Views: 27

Most Member Reactions

Back