OnStar & Data Not Working

Alazr2

Reaction score
'22 with 28K and my Onstar module quits working. Onstar said go to the dealer. Dealer says not covered because I added a dash cam that plugs into the Mirror wiring?
Funny how it worked for 2 years with the dash cam. $1K to replace Parts & Labor.

Do you really find that Onstar has things you use? If so look into buying a replacement mirror unit. I don’t know if that’s a solution, but then it might just be a programming visit to dealer. 1K plus labor and parts??? I don’t think so. It’ll only have a 12 month warranty anyway

Same just happened my 22 with 12K. OnStar light out an not working. WiFi not working. My Chevy App not able communicate. Maps not working. Talked to OnStar then communication services. Finally refereed to the dealer this Wednesday. Reprogram or order new OnStar module my guess.

Same just happened my 22 with 12K. OnStar light out an not working. WiFi not working. My Chevy App not able communicate. Maps not working. Talked to OnStar then communication services. Finally refereed to the dealer this Wednesday. Reprogram or order new OnStar module my guess.
Onstar module is dead. They cant reprogram it.

As a professional installer for over 40 years, I NEVER liked, or use, mirror taps. They are the lazy mans way of finding power and to get to the fuse panel will take you an extra 10 minutes to do it right. Just my 2 cents ;) The DIY5 kit is $99 which, in itself, is just insane!

'22 with 28K and my Onstar module quits working. Onstar said go to the dealer. Dealer says not covered because I added a dash cam that plugs into the Mirror wiring?
Funny how it worked for 2 years with the dash cam. $1K to replace Parts & Labor.
i would think dealer has to prove and not just say your cam caused module failure. check out Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act passed in 1975. good luck.

i would think dealer has to prove and not just say your cam caused module failure. check out Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act passed in 1975. good luck.
Yep...but that's like fighting the federal government and spending a ton in legal fees and years in court which would be far more than just replacing the module.

Yep...but that's like fighting the federal government and spending a ton in legal fees and years in court which would be far more than just replacing the module.
no one would do what you suggest. mentioning to the dealer that the burden is on them and a call to corporate lets them both know they are dealing with an educated consumer.

I just got my onstar module replaced. First dealer cleared the codes and said bring it back if it happens again. Nothing was fixed before I left that dealer lot. They wanted me to bring it back. I went to a dealer closer to home. They said onstar module was bad and orders one. Took couple days get it in. When I picked it up everything was working in the truck. Chevy App was not. Gave it overnight. Still app not working. Called onstar who transferred me to a tech department. They said they had to reconfigure the new onstar module to the truck. That fixed the app. Not before onstar had me jump bunch hoops first. Remove and install the app. I’m going let my dealer service dept know for future reference. I don’t think onstar module failures is something they see much.

I had the very same issue. My dealer service rep called OnStar and they sent the part to be installed. Luckily it was installed and programming without issue. Aside from having to contact OnStar to set it up like you did. Hopeful that it last more than a year this time.

Most Member Reactions

Back