New Member ZR2 Bison in Central Florida

Mark J

Reaction score
Long time lurker (thanks for all the great info everyone, sincerely!), first time poster. Bought a 1500 2024 Bison back in March, already up to 6k miles. Love the truck overall, and where I live, with all the countless trucks out here, I still don’t see many ZR2s at all.

Only things I’ve done is tint and added larger tires (actually this already my third set on the truck haha). I’m currently running the MT Baja Boss A/T 305/70R18 (35.3”/12.2” per the specs) on the AEV wheels on stock suspension (been several weeks now, mostly normal driving and some off-road on jobsites (dirt and mud) and it very slightly rubbed once after a full-lock reverse).

Going forward I want to install the Peak Summit Kit (2” version), and maybe see about a fourth set of (bigger) tires hehe… thanks for reading!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    409.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Welcome! That setup looks good! These trucks really should come with 35s like the other zr2s.

What other tires have you had on?
Thank you everyone, I definitely appreciate it!

And I had replaced the factory Territory MTs with a set of Recon Grapplers (295/70R18) — they were great, but then I wanted something slightly larger.

You should get that checked out. Doesn't sound healthy
It’s really not. But theres two ways of thinking about it. One is a growth… not good at all, but probably too expensive to fix after spending on the ZR2. Second is in regards of the color not being white… so maybe if i call it Overcast White it’ll be ok?

Last edited:
It’s really not. But theres two ways of thinking about it. One is a growth… not good at all, but probably too expensive to fix after spending on the ZR2. Second is in regards of the color not being white… so maybe if i call it Overcast White it’ll be ok?
I don't speak jeep but I raise my glass and avocado toast to these fine words of yours

Long time lurker (thanks for all the great info everyone, sincerely!), first time poster. Bought a 1500 2024 Bison back in March, already up to 6k miles. Love the truck overall, and where I live, with all the countless trucks out here, I still don’t see many ZR2s at all.

Only things I’ve done is tint and added larger tires (actually this already my third set on the truck haha). I’m currently running the MT Baja Boss A/T 305/70R18 (35.3”/12.2” per the specs) on the AEV wheels on stock suspension (been several weeks now, mostly normal driving and some off-road on jobsites (dirt and mud) and it very slightly rubbed once after a full-lock reverse).

Going forward I want to install the Peak Summit Kit (2” version), and maybe see about a fourth set of (bigger) tires hehe… thanks for reading!
Are those MT’s smoother riding than the GY MT’s? I as because I feel that the Good Years seem pretty stiff. I’m also in Central Florida and have the gray but in 2500. I just put a set of 40” MT Baja Boss tires on my wife’s tuned and deleted diesel Wrangler and they are a little louder than most of the other tires I have run on her Jeep! We just got home from driving on New Smyrna Beach and I gotta say the MT Baja tires just floated across the loosest and deepest patches of sand. I was actually amazed at how well they did. Her Jeep is heavy with all the add ons (roughly 6500lbs) and the front end being very heavy.

Now with my 2024 ZR2 2500, not so impressive! Last Sunday we took it to the same beach and I was almost embarrassed a couple times as the front went down and the rear end started bouncing wildly! It happened real quick. I was even in auto 4wd. I pushed the locker button and it still wouldn’t move! I had to manually push 4hi and it finally started to move. I was just lightly pressing throttle so as not to call up too much attention! I’m sure it’s these tires! I have hated Good Year tires for years! I don’t mind them on the road but their off road ability seems non existent! I’m sure someone will tell me I’m wrong and should have aired down but cars was going through this!! I have been an avid off-roader all my life and have spent a lot of money on tires!

I am definitely thinking about installing a new set of the MT Boss tires now!

Her tire and my same color truck as yours! And yeah, I haven’t personally seen another ZR2 2500 in the wild yet!

Attachments

• IMG_1976.jpeg
    IMG_1976.jpeg
    393.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1862.jpeg
    IMG_1862.jpeg
    335 KB · Views: 18
any rubbing?
The Recon Grappler 295s did not rub at all, and I had those on for about 3k miles. The Baja Boss A/T 305s rubbed very slightly once in a full lock reverse, but it hasn't happened since (keeping the locked reverse in mind) and I've had those on for about 900 miles at this point.

Are those MT’s smoother riding than the GY MT’s? I as because I feel that the Good Years seem pretty stiff. I’m also in Central Florida and have the gray but in 2500. I just put a set of 40” MT Baja Boss tires on my wife’s tuned and deleted diesel Wrangler and they are a little louder than most of the other tires I have run on her Jeep! We just got home from driving on New Smyrna Beach and I gotta say the MT Baja tires just floated across the loosest and deepest patches of sand. I was actually amazed at how well they did. Her Jeep is heavy with all the add ons (roughly 6500lbs) and the front end being very heavy.

Now with my 2024 ZR2 2500, not so impressive! Last Sunday we took it to the same beach and I was almost embarrassed a couple times as the front went down and the rear end started bouncing wildly! It happened real quick. I was even in auto 4wd. I pushed the locker button and it still wouldn’t move! I had to manually push 4hi and it finally started to move. I was just lightly pressing throttle so as not to call up too much attention! I’m sure it’s these tires! I have hated Good Year tires for years! I don’t mind them on the road but their off road ability seems non existent! I’m sure someone will tell me I’m wrong and should have aired down but cars was going through this!! I have been an avid off-roader all my life and have spent a lot of money on tires!

I am definitely thinking about installing a new set of the MT Boss tires now!

Her tire and my same color truck as yours! And yeah, I haven’t personally seen another ZR2 2500 in the wild yet!
That's an awesome looking truck, congratulations!!

And I think the MTs are probably louder than the Recons I had on there before, but even still there's just something I like about it more than the Recons (which I thought were great on their own), the truck overall seems to have a better ride even with the heavier weight of the MTs. I don't remember the Goodyear Territories much, except that the truck was much quicker then lol

And btw, 40" MT Baja Boss tires — very very cool!

Most Member Reactions

Back