Multiple Dash Lights after hard bump

dharmon2

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I have had a few random “electrical issues” as of late.

The first was my tailgate opening and closing on its own 3 times in the span of idling for 20 minutes on the phone. Luckily I was in the parking lot of my shop, so catastrophe was avoided. I looked it up and there was a recall. I called my dealership, and they said the recall hadn’t hit my vin number yet. However they told me to bring it in, so they could do the recall repair and it has been fine ever since.

My most recent electrical issue which has also happened multiple times is when I go over any sort of a good bump big enough to shake the truck pretty much the whole dash lights up.

-Check engine
-ABS
-Emergency braking
-Traction control
-Collision alert
-Power steering assist
-Service steering column

There may be one or two more that I can't remember. Like I said it has happened a few times before. When I get to my destination, and shut the truck off for an extended period of time it seems to clear them. When I would start it back up everything seemed normal. This last time it keeps happening more frequently.
The truck is going in for a service this week, so I’m going to have them check it. I was just curious if anyone else has had any issues like this. I’ll update after the service.

Most Member Reactions

Back