More GM Bullshit

AXE

Reaction score
I’m hopeful that the 10L90 proves to be a reliable transmission like the 4L80.

I went through a 6L80 under warranty and again out of pocket In 100,000 miles…. Absolutely refused to buy into the 8 speed with all the money I had into the 6’s.

GM needs a winner. It’s been years and years of junk slush boxes.

As much as i agree with the “git yer shit together GM”… it’s not just them. All of these damn manufactures and their cost cutting, lets use wafer thin aluminum bullshit for gears/slip rings, “super strong” abs plastic or carbon fiber chew toy components have us willingly buying disposable vehicles because thats all thats out there.

You buy one because the motor is better, then other because the trans is better, the next because the electronics are better… none of them have all three legs of a stool that will actually survive a bar fight. They’ll each have one particular leg that is already brittle off the assembly line just waiting to break when a person sits on it.

1725193106856.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, I’ve been following this since I I have a 2017 Camaro SS with the 8 speed. I had the “rumble strip” feel in mine a couple of different times. Each time I took it in and they replaced the transmission fluid. The second time seems to have worked for mine, no more “rumble strip”, etc. Sometimes a harsh/delayed 1-2 shift if you are right at the shift point with little/no acceleration.

I do remember one of the most respected Camaro builders/tuners saying the 8 speed would hold up to more hp than the 10 if tuned properly. I have thought about a new cam, E85 tune, and transmission tune, but, at 500hp (a few minor tweaks) and lighter forged wheels, I can keep the tires hooked up now.

As much as i agree with the “git yer shit together GM”… it’s not just them. All of these damn manufactures and their cost cutting, lets use wafer thin aluminum bullshit for gears/slip rings, “super strong” abs plastic or carbon fiber chew toy components have us willingly buying disposable vehicles because thats all thats out there.

You buy one because the motor is better, then other because the trans is better, the next because the electronics are better… none of them have all three legs of a stool that will actually survive a bar fight. They’ll each have one particular leg that is already brittle off the assembly line just waiting to break when a person sits on it.

View attachment 15737
Yep, it's like they feel they have to reinvent the wheel every 4 or 5 years and end up with an oval shape. How is the next generation gonna sort it out when they don't learn the right way.

We had an 18 Escalade with the 8 speed that developed a hard shift between 1st and 2nd. Multiple trans flushes and a torque converter didn't solve it. The stealership kept telling us it was normal lol. Everything else worked great on it.
Traded it in as soon as we got an allocation for a new one.

Yeah, I’ve been following this since I I have a 2017 Camaro SS with the 8 speed. I had the “rumble strip” feel in mine a couple of different times. Each time I took it in and they replaced the transmission fluid. The second time seems to have worked for mine, no more “rumble strip”, etc. Sometimes a harsh/delayed 1-2 shift if you are right at the shift point with little/no acceleration.

I do remember one of the most respected Camaro builders/tuners saying the 8 speed would hold up to more hp than the 10 if tuned properly. I have thought about a new cam, E85 tune, and transmission tune, but, at 500hp (a few minor tweaks) and lighter forged wheels, I can keep the tires hooked up now.
Glad I bought my 2016 2SS Camaro with the 6 speed.

Most Member Reactions

Back