Lowest tire Pressure ( safe) with OEM tires on Silverado 1500 on dunes

12-15 psi...... higher speeds, higher pressure. Also type of sand and compaction can affect performance. Hard sand, higher pressure, soft sand lower pressure..

Suspension setup and hook up can also affect handling. I didn't get much axle wrap in the sand on mine, so ran pretty well in coarse sandy washes at 30+ psi.

I would start at 20 psi and go up or down and experiment.

We are hopping to hit the dunes either outside of Walden or Medano pass in the next couple of weeks. I've ran trails on 20 psi with zero issues but haven't done sand yet.

My buddy in his wrangler runs 13 psi and another runs 15 psi. Not sure 2 psi makes a difference but that's what they like

Pics or it never happened
1000051765.jpg

To start with 😁

I've run 18-20 with no issues on trails. No sand yet tho
The sand dune park site said 12 and 15 psi. But posted sign said 15-18 psi.

Worst part was that I had to dismiss warning for every tire. I wish they had lower tire pressure settings like in Colorado ZR2 and Baja mode.

I think I could have gone lower. It didn't look that bad on deflation, but kept it to 20 psi (hot)

With a Duramax I definitely would go that low, especially if they are the stock 33s. I hit this trail in Utah with some deep sand areas and didn't even air down....

Attachments

• 20231213_135715.jpg
    20231213_135715.jpg
    507 KB · Views: 16
  • 20231213_135605.jpg
    20231213_135605.jpg
    530 KB · Views: 16
  • 20231213_134758.jpg
    20231213_134758.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 16
With a Duramax I definitely would go that low, especially if they are the stock 33s. I hit this trail in Utah with some deep sand areas and didn't even air down....
Yeah but ride was very smooth with air down. I believe tires are great and ZR2 is very capable. It was riding effortlessly.

With so many uneven whoops and vehicle bouncing crazy, I had to slow down lot of times to keep vehicle in control. I wish it had a Baja mode.

I used 4Hi all the time. Got stuck at the top of dune and used 4L to get out of that situation easily. Lower the spin rate means easy out.

Yeah but ride was very smooth with air down. I believe tires are great and ZR2 is very capable. It was riding effortlessly.

With so many uneven whoops and vehicle bouncing crazy, I had to slow down lot of times to keep vehicle in control. I wish it had a Baja mode.

I used 4Hi all the time. Got stuck at the top of dune and used 4L to get out of that situation easily.
Hey show off. Was this in CO?

Most Member Reactions

Back