HUD Info screens

cef2lion

Reaction score
Not a big deal but was wondering. My HUD used to display track titles from XM radio as tracks began then went away. Just noticed it’s not happening anymore. I tried each info view. I don’t see a setting in the Informant System. I read the HUD had audio/phone display items on one of the info screens.

I’m not sure if GM changed this with the latest software update recall. Safety distraction? I did have my Onstar module replaced recently as well.

Just read this on another forum. This person just had the serial data gateway and radio recall/update as I did.

Picked up my truck after letting them do this to it. In the year plus that l've owned it the only issue l've had with the radio is an intermittent and infrequent loss of audio, which required a simple Reboot in Safe Mode to address each time. But since picking it up the dash display in front of the wheel, as well as the infotainment screen will no longer show the song that is currently playing on my phone. The service dept. doesn't seem to have a clue as to what is going on. Anyone else experienced this? I did try to reboot the system but that didn't do anything.

The only way I’ve ever been able to get radio info to display in the HUD was to select radio info on the DIC center screen.

Never thought of that. I did recently change my DIC displays as having radio info there was redundant. I’ll check that out.

Reactions: AXE
I rarely use anything besides car play, but when I use “factory” infotainment sources, such as BT, XM or radio. It does display some information briefly. Song names show up for example in BT audio or stations in XM. Anything beyond that, nope.

I’d kill for a tach like the Camaro or Vette.

Just changed center DIC displays to music. If I change XM channels it shows in HUD. I set center display to fuel Econ and HUD still shows XM channel changes. Maybe that’s all it did and no song titles.

Just changed center DIC displays to music. If I change XM channels it shows in HUD. I set center display to fuel Econ and HUD still shows XM channel changes. Maybe that’s all it did and no song titles.
I don't think you'll ever get song titles in your HUD.

Mine showes the song info briefly on the HUD when I change it from the steering wheel controls.

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back