It even has a picture of my truck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240720_214651_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240720_214651_Chrome.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Well gaaawwwwwdddd damn!

It even has a picture of my truck.
I didn't think this was the problem with yours? I though yours was messing up even with a utility trailer connected? This is a problem with campers with solar installed. The solar charger raises the voltage on the trailers house batteries higher then the trucks batteries while driving. Which causes the truck to disable the connection.

I didn't think this was the problem with yours? I though yours was messing up even with a utility trailer connected? This is a problem with campers with solar installed. The solar charger raises the voltage on the trailers house batteries higher then the trucks batteries while driving. Which causes the truck to disable the connection.
I have no idea cause it hasn't been fixed on mine. Fucking lazy dealers just tell you it works on our simulator, it must be your trailer. The trailer brakes always work anyway, but the truck doesn't think they are working because it's grounding out the circuit as described in the TSB.

I've pulled 8 different trailers and I get all kinds of different codes thrown on the DIC. One of the most common ones is trailer brakes. The only trailers that didn't throw codes didn't have electric brakes, two boat trailers with surge brakes and a jet ski trailer with no brakes. I'm no whiz bang GM engineer writing TSBs, but I learned about deductive reasoning in 2 nd grade.

This issue has been going on since the 24s started hitting the streets in April of 23. Nothing new, they needed to purge the parts bins.

Last edited:
Mine's a 2022 and has this same issue. Not sure why they are only picking those specific years for it. The recall on the brake control did not fix my problem, but dealer told me its working fine.
I think it is just a typo. Pretty sure they meant 2020 through 2024 model year. They changed the part number in 10\23. So basically any truck built between 2019-2023 is subject to it. I would try a different dealer. It's a well known issue at this point. I don't think dealers test setup replicates the problem. But they should be able to find the service bulletin pretty easily. Or better yet search for it your self and print it off. Take it with you to the dealer and hand it to them, lol.

I have only towed a 5x10 single axle utilty trailer with an atv with mine so far, but plan to use my 12ft tandem axle utility trailer with brakes to take my Polaris General xp4 in for some warranty work in the next week or two. My truck was built in Mar or Apr 2024, so hoping no issues.

Just wondering if anyone has figured out a way to address this? It sounds like most Chevy dealers are going to insist that it's fixed by the recall service and blame the issue on the trailer.

On the Airstream forum, some folks said they could prevent it from happening by disconnecting the solar controller while driving (using the Victron iOS app). While it's good to know there's a backup plan, that's not an optimal long-term solution.

I've also read that some people have installed this diode to prevent the trailer from back-feeding to the truck. But I haven't been able to find any information about how to do that install or how effective it is.

Reactions: AXE
I have only towed a 5x10 single axle utilty trailer with an atv with mine so far, but plan to use my 12ft tandem axle utility trailer with brakes to take my Polaris General xp4 in for some warranty work in the next week or two. My truck was built in Mar or Apr 2024, so hoping no issues.
Update… no issues towing my 7x12 tandem with breaks, have towed it twice now with multiple start/stop cycles.

Just wondering if anyone has figured out a way to address this? It sounds like most Chevy dealers are going to insist that it's fixed by the recall service and blame the issue on the trailer.

On the Airstream forum, some folks said they could prevent it from happening by disconnecting the solar controller while driving (using the Victron iOS app). While it's good to know there's a backup plan, that's not an optimal long-term solution.

I've also read that some people have installed this diode to prevent the trailer from back-feeding to the truck. But I haven't been able to find any information about how to do that install or how effective it is.
None of my trailers had solar charging and I've had random issues. They do have batteries for travel trailer and emergency brakes. I don't think the issue is exclusive to trailers with a charging mechanism.

I would think that diode would splice into the 12 V + of the power supply on the trailer side wiring harness charging the battery. Just add some spade connectors.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240825_091710_Google.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240825_091710_Google.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back