Full Programmer any news?

Wildturkey707

Reaction score
This has been brought up many times here on the forum and in many different places. I am wondering if anyone knows anything new? Also I am not meaning a throttle controller here which I have and works great by the way, I am talking full programmer removing rev limiters, adjusting shift speeds, removing 98mph governor, tire size adjustments the whole 9. Similar to the Pulsar or Diablo sport stuff we had before.

Are any companies even working on one?
If so do they have any idea of timeframe?

Exists. Requires a hardware level unlock. (Modified PCM) HPtuners

Transmission (TCM) requires a separate hardware unlock HPTuners

22.5+ Silverado is currently not listed as supported on the TCM side. You’ll have to make a phone call to verify.

Not cheap. Days of plug and play are gone with Global B.

Last edited:
Exists. Requires a hardware level unlock. (Modified PCM) HPtuners

Transmission (TCM) requires a separate hardware unlock HPTuners

22.5+ Silverado is currently not listed as supported on the TCM side. You’ll have to make a phone call to verify.

Not cheap. Days of plug and play are gone with Global B.
I see thanks for the info. If plug and play is truly gone forever that is sad times... I really don't want to get this in depth or spend 2K lol

I believe a plug-n-play will happen in the future...when in the future?...just the future :)
Highly unlikely.

And it’s not just GM. Newer Ford stuff you can’t even perform basic programming for things like streering rack replacements. FCA has the security gateway you have to login with a subscription to unlock to even clear codes.

My Autel Is 600/year plus another 1000 for ADAS just to communicate with the modules newer vehicles.

Factory Ford (FORScan) is required for basically anything besides simple resets.

Can’t even begin to explain how unrepairable modern things are for the “average” person anymore.

Most Member Reactions

Back