For those of you that want a simple adapter for your Radar Detector that actually works

McManly

Reaction score
So I bought several different usb-c to 12v adapters and only one out of the three worked.
The others didn't pass through enough juice to get my Uniden R8 or my 360 Max C to operate properly.
I keep it tucked in the glove box and out of sight when in use but wanted to show how simple it is and I couldn't be happier.
9 bucks and I've got my shields up again.
Sorry if others have posted on similar adapters but at least this one is a solid performer.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-24 145750.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-24 145750.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 20240924_145025 (1).jpg
    20240924_145025 (1).jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20240924_145017.jpg
    20240924_145017.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 32
So I bought several different usb-c to 12v adapters and only one out of the three worked.
The others didn't pass through enough juice to get my Uniden R8 or my 360 Max C to operate properly.
I keep it tucked in the glove box and out of sight when in use but wanted to show how simple it is and I couldn't be happier.
Sorry if others have posted on similar adapters but at least this one is a solid performer.
Dude...hardwire that sucker and have it look as nice as your truck. A cigarette lighter cord...really??? This ain't the 1980's :ROFLMAO:

ZR2 install2.jpg

ZR2 install3.jpg

ZR2 install4.jpg

I knew that was coming. It won't be on display in the Louvre anytime soon, it's a truck.
Hats off to all of you that take so much effort to ensure everything is done to the highest quality.
But this isn't my goal with this truck. Yes, it's nice inside, but it ain't all that. I repeat, it's a truck.

Dude...hardwire that sucker and have it look as nice as your truck. A cigarette lighter cord...really??? This ain't the 1980's :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 16457
View attachment 16458
View attachment 16459
Is that BlendMount? If so, does it stay tight all time, as in no adjustments? I have the MirrorMount and it will come loose every now and then and need to be adjusted. I guess the ol, you get what you pay for.

Edit: reading your thread now lol. Just saw it.

Is that BlendMount? If so, does it stay tight all time, as in no adjustments? I have the MirrorMount and it will come loose every now and then and need to be adjusted. I guess the ol, you get what you pay for.

Edit: reading your thread now lol. Just saw it.
Yes, it is a Blendmount and they are FANTASTIC! Never an issue with them coming loose and very adjustable. They are expensive, but well worth it my friend.

I knew that was coming. It won't be on display in the Louvre anytime soon, it's a truck.
Hats off to all of you that take so much effort to ensure everything is done to the highest quality.
But this isn't my goal with this truck. Yes, it's nice inside, but it ain't all that. I repeat, it's a truck.
You keep talking like this, you're gonna get banned from the forum ;)

Yes it’s a truck but cost more than a base model corvette.

Dude, you're making it too complicated. using adapters and the ugly 12v stuff.

Just buy this and ditch your adapters: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BRCNQFVH/

Works perfect with my Uniden R7 and smooth cord, no sprial ugliness..

Most Member Reactions

Back