First accident

Keewatin427

Reaction score
So, it pains me to write this, but I’ve had my first accident in my ZR2. I was headed home on a dual lane road when a 19 year old driver in a 4Runner Limited pulled into the next lane, without looking left, and zero yielding. It wouldn’t have been a problem if he’d stayed in his lane, or even bothered to look to see how close traffic was to him. He proceeded to turn in and begin to enter the left lane I was in. He clipped my right rear side, right before the rear tire and my tire ripped the whole front end off his Toyota. No one was hurt, and I took some body damage to the right, just in front of my wheel, and my tire was punctured and rim was scuffed. The truck seemed fine, and most likely I could have just changed the tire and drove off afterwards, but I didn’t know what damage I may have incurred to the suspension or axel, so I erred on the side of caution and ordered a tow truck. I had a dashcam, so I wasn’t worried about the insurance claim, but the other person took full responsibility anyways. I talked to the tow truck driver for the 4Runner and he said it’d most likely be written off as I’d torn off not only the front clip, but a front brace from the frame. I’m thinking my ZR2 is fine, but I’m no mechanic and didn’t want to push my luck. My tow driver said it’d most likely was smarter to call for a tow because plenty of newer cars have so many sensors that they’ve seen plenty of vehicles lock up shortly after driving away from the scene. The most impressive thing was the PPF I have completely protected the paint and there was only a small tear in it at the end just before the fender flare.

Attachments

• IMG_8349.jpeg
    IMG_8349.jpeg
    337.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_8360.jpeg
    IMG_8360.jpeg
    272.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_8362.jpeg
    IMG_8362.jpeg
    286.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_8366.jpeg
    IMG_8366.jpeg
    380.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_8356.jpeg
    IMG_8356.jpeg
    369.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_8346.jpeg
    IMG_8346.jpeg
    600.4 KB · Views: 89
Make sure that you pursue a Diminished Value claim against his insurance company because your truck just took a hit to its resale value. That PPF is some awesome stuff. First thing I do is put that on the front of my vehicles.

So, it pains me to write this, but I’ve had my first accident in my ZR2. I was headed home on a dual lane road when a 19 year old driver in a 4Runner Limited pulled into the next lane, without looking left, and zero yielding. It wouldn’t have been a problem if he’d stayed in his lane, or even bothered to look to see how close traffic was to him. He proceeded to turn in and begin to enter the left lane I was in. He clipped my right rear side, right before the rear tire and my tire ripped the whole front end off his Toyota. No one was hurt, and I took some body damage to the right, just in front of my wheel, and my tire was punctured and rim was scuffed. The truck seemed fine, and most likely I could have just changed the tire and drove off afterwards, but I didn’t know what damage I may have incurred to the suspension or axel, so I erred on the side of caution and ordered a tow truck. I had a dashcam, so I wasn’t worried about the insurance claim, but the other person took full responsibility anyways. I talked to the tow truck driver for the 4Runner and he said it’d most likely be written off as I’d torn off not only the front clip, but a front brace from the frame. I’m thinking my ZR2 is fine, but I’m no mechanic and didn’t want to push my luck. My tow driver said it’d most likely was smarter to call for a tow because plenty of newer cars have so many sensors that they’ve seen plenty of vehicles lock up shortly after driving away from the scene. The most impressive thing was the PPF I have completely protected the paint and there was only a small tear in it at the end just before the fender flare.
Man I feel for you brother. Have had 2 hit and runs here in Las Vegas. Both not my fault and I have a 3 way dash cam which is worth its weight in gold!👍 Truck was still drivable compared to the others that got tore up...just sucks being without your truck while they repair it. LORD willing, it won't take long to get it back 🙏 Sorry to hear about it. I drive much more proactive now...doing all I can to avoid the idiots that have no right to even be driving. (No license ,no insurance ,no plates...ect)
I have full coverage, so not an issue getting it fixed. My insurance agent was great both times. It just sucks being without your truck. Hope it gets fixed soon🙏

So, it pains me to write this, but I’ve had my first accident in my ZR2. I was headed home on a dual lane road when a 19 year old driver in a 4Runner Limited pulled into the next lane, without looking left, and zero yielding. It wouldn’t have been a problem if he’d stayed in his lane, or even bothered to look to see how close traffic was to him. He proceeded to turn in and begin to enter the left lane I was in. He clipped my right rear side, right before the rear tire and my tire ripped the whole front end off his Toyota. No one was hurt, and I took some body damage to the right, just in front of my wheel, and my tire was punctured and rim was scuffed. The truck seemed fine, and most likely I could have just changed the tire and drove off afterwards, but I didn’t know what damage I may have incurred to the suspension or axel, so I erred on the side of caution and ordered a tow truck. I had a dashcam, so I wasn’t worried about the insurance claim, but the other person took full responsibility anyways. I talked to the tow truck driver for the 4Runner and he said it’d most likely be written off as I’d torn off not only the front clip, but a front brace from the frame. I’m thinking my ZR2 is fine, but I’m no mechanic and didn’t want to push my luck. My tow driver said it’d most likely was smarter to call for a tow because plenty of newer cars have so many sensors that they’ve seen plenty of vehicles lock up shortly after driving away from the scene. The most impressive thing was the PPF I have completely protected the paint and there was only a small tear in it at the end just before the fender flare
It was a young girl in the BMW that hit me and took off and when I followed her she hit two other cars

Attachments

• IMG_20230520_165452646_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230520_165452646_HDR.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20230520_163237977_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230520_163237977_HDR.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20230520_150140043_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230520_150140043_HDR.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20230520_165444753_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230520_165444753_HDR.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20230520_151234626_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230520_151234626_HDR.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20230520_163249524_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230520_163249524_HDR.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: AXE
Wheel tanked that hit pretty good. Very lucky on your part.

Very minor stuff for your truck. Bedside can be fixed no problem. You’ll get 1 new tire out the deal with insurance so just plan on buying another one so they match.

The Toyota is all plastic so the damage appears worse than it is.

Do your homework and make friends at the repair facility. I do anything for customers that are not pricks as soon as they walk in the door.

Glad you’re safe.

Most Member Reactions

Back