Electrical Ground Strap (LZ0)

pat5923

Reaction score
Something every guy with a Silverado with the 3.0 Duramax should know.
I got stranded in CO. My truck is at Mtn Chevrolet in Glenwood Springs. I was having issues when the truck was running, infotainment system not responding. Vehicles auto safety features went off line. Vehicle shut off while driving. The dealer found the culprit. Which was a grounding strap which came loose off the engine. When it came loose it caused a short, and the ground ended up getting melted. My truck was in the shop my whole vacation. It will be there when I leave too. The part is on “galactic” back order. Two weeks to get it. I have to come back to CO from CA to pick up my truck next week. My original dealer told me this issue has happened on 3 silverados from his shop, and the glenwood springs guys told me they have seen it too, and there is a TSB regarding the issue. The part number is 85522168. If any of you run into this.

I would think if it's just a grounding strap, You could make do with a different one. Nothing special about them. Its just a braided metal strap. That sucks it caused so much other problems. Bad grounds can wreak havoc on a electrical system.

You guys should've bought a 6.2 no grounding issues here only lifters.

Also I was on a trail yesterday that pooped me out at Glennwood. I could've checked on your truck if I knew.

I would think if it's just a grounding strap, You could make do with a different one. Nothing special about them. Its just a braided metal strap. That sucks it caused so much other problems. Bad grounds can wreak havoc on a electrical system.
Correct you are sir;) I totally agree. I want to just make my own, but if something else electrical happens they will blame the problem on the mod….they already were trying to blame the problem on the banks I-dash I have. Then they found the ground strap. Maybe I should’ve just got the 6.2L. 😂

You guys should've bought a 6.2 no grounding issues here only lifters.

Also I was on a trail yesterday that pooped me out at Glennwood. I could've checked on your truck if I knew.
Damn. I did crystal mill trail (easy). Next I want to take it to emerald lake up by crested butte. Have you done that one?

Damn. I did crystal mill trail (easy). Next I want to take it to emerald lake up by crested butte. Have you done that one?
Crystal mill is cool. We are going to run to Crystal Mill through Shofield Pass.

We took Coffee Pot Road which is very easy but gorgeous to Transfer Trail and ran that backwards and ended up in Glennwood Springs.

1000037132.jpg

Could it be another Lake? Emerald lake is closer to Estes Park.

Trails we are hitting in the next 2 months God willing are

Holy Cross
Engineer Pass
Red Cone
Imogene Pass

Attachments

• 1000037131.jpg
    1000037131.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 6
Crystal mill is cool. We are going to run to Crystal Mill through Shofield Pass.

We took Coffee Pot Road which is very easy but gorgeous to Transfer Trail and ran that backwards and ended up in Glennwood Springs.

View attachment 13962

Could it be another Lake? Emerald lake is closer to Estes Park.

Trails we are hitting in the next 2 months God willing are

Holy Cross
Engineer Pass
Red Cone
Imogene Pass

ok! I have to check out coffee pot road. The emeral lake I was told about is near the old town of gothic. Schofield pass/paradise divide area. I was able to find it on OnX Off-road. My time is divided between Sh%€hole CA, and Colorado. I try to get out to CO as much as possible.

ok! I have to check out coffee pot road. The emeral lake I was told about is near the old town of gothic. Schofield pass/paradise divide area. I was able to find it on OnX Off-road. My time is divided between Sh%€hole CA, and Colorado. I try to get out to CO as much as possible.
Oh ok. I use TrailsOffroad. I find it better than OnX.

Next time you're out let me know and I'll hit some trails with you if you're open to it.

Last edited:
Oh ok. I use TrailsOffroad. I find it better than OnX.

Next time you're out let me know and I'll hit some trails with you if you're open to it.
I will have to download trails off-road. Haven’t tried that one yet! I will definately hit you up when I’m out that way in a week or two!

Most Member Reactions

Back