Driving down the road around noon, sun hit my hood, I thought I went blind for a second!

johnjay06

Reaction score
I did a search here and saw that it's a design flaw. Holy shit, it was blinding, polarized glasses didn't help and I had to lean to the side at an angle since I had a 5 mile straight road to drive down. I've had the truck for a few months and this was the first time it's ever happened, but holy shit lol. I saw the vinyl inserts you can buy, but I think I'll try some plastidip on it tomorrow. My truck is black and I'd consider wrapping, but not sure how it would look on a black truck.

Reactions: AXE
I bought a roll of matte black auto wrap. 2 bucks
Used the same to cover safety stickers on visors
Cut to fit. EZ peezy

Reactions: AXE
I did a search here and saw that it's a design flaw. Holy shit, it was blinding, polarized glasses didn't help and I had to lean to the side at an angle since I had a 5 mile straight road to drive down. I've had the truck for a few months and this was the first time it's ever happened, but holy shit lol. I saw the vinyl inserts you can buy, but I think I'll try some plastidip on it tomorrow. My truck is black and I'd consider wrapping, but not sure how it would look on a black truck.
I live in Arizona and v it's bright damn near every day. I've only had it happen once, but it was off the inside edge of the center part of the cowling. Never had it happen from the rear cowling where most others complain.

Last edited:
I bought a precut piece from Zaos Designs. He also has precut pieces for the trim under the infotainment screen. If you do the inside trim, I highly recommend the matte black.
1728699008864.jpeg

1728699047338.jpeg

It’s seriously annoying! I put some matte ppf on the back of the hood and on the trim under the infotainment screen. Precut would have been nice because the ppf is tough and flexible, much more difficult to work than tint or vinyl.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back