Drivers Side Aux Posts + Cab to Bed?

tjtx

Reaction score
While i'm waiting on my winch to arrive one day I was working on adding my air compressor and anderson plug for charging our trailer. I had originally planned to use the 200a fuse and terminal that gets installed with the upfitter kit for the snow plow accessory, but turns out the winch uses that. There's a spot on the drivers side battery that looks like it is an extra terminal, but i couldn't find any information about what stud to order for it. Curious if anyone else has done this.

Also curious if anyone has found any better ways to go from the cab out? I ran the upfitter switches feed through the extra position in the grommet on the passenger side but would love to just find something coming to the rear to power some stuff from the upfitter harness (e.g. the compressors relay switch).

Attachments

• IMG_4472.jpeg
    IMG_4472.jpeg
    368.2 KB · Views: 52
I don't see anything about using that post with a midi fuse, but i think i've got a solution for it.
Here is a thread I did on the upfitter switches. It shows the posts in the distribution panel, I believe I mentioned part numbers also. You can buy just the posts on ebay. I believe they are the same for the second distribution box in the HD

Yeah, that's the passen
Here is a thread I did on the upfitter switches. It shows the posts in the distribution panel, I believe I mentioned part numbers also. You can buy just the posts on ebay.
Thanks for the post, I saw this one, but this is the passenger side panel, but I think that on the drivers side I can use some of those same parts to add an additional spot to it. That extra 200A on the passenger side will end up being used by the factory winch install, so it's out, and after the upfitter switches and that 200A it's tapped out.

Right, but that extra terminal on the passenger side should be able to use the same type of stud and fuse that comes with the upfitter switches. You can buy just the hardware kit on ebay. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're looking for?

Note: The above post contains a link to eBay or Amazon. As an affiliate partner ChevyZR2.com may receive a commission from the sale.
Reactions: AXE
Ah yeah, sorry, misunderstood your response.. I ended up actually doing just that, but from a GM dealer since it was cheaper than eBay somehow. The terminal end isn't quite right, but I think it'll work. I'll post back info after I run the 4awg back on the driver's side.

Reactions: AXE
You don't have to use their terminal end with the nut made on it. Just use the stud and fuse and add your own ring terminal that you can bend down to fit the cover better.

I added a second battery to my HD and added onboard air, stereo amps, ect. There is a thread floating around the HD group about it. I wasn't able to use the factory secondary distribution box though because it was on backorder. But it might help give you ideas for wire runs. I have 4 awg going to my compressors 1/0 awg to my amps. I also connected my two batteries with 4 awg and added an isolator between them. When I installed my upfitter switches I ran several 16awg wires at the same time. So later I could connect to the switches from under the hood if I wanted to. So I wouldn't have to run wires back in to the cab later.

Lucky for me, mine came with the 2nd battery and box (because it's a diesel) and I have the 2nd alternator which connects into that aux box from the factory. It does seem that some of the openings in the floor pans are somewhat different on my truck than the ones linked earlier. Some of the holes are there in the top of the pan, but not in the bottom. I'll figure out a spot to pull things through, most of my aux switches are going to 12v charging under the backseat, and a pair headed to the bed (some extra lighting and to the air compressor)..

If I would have ordered my truck, I would have optioned it with the second battery for sure, but I actually like the way it is on the gasser. Since the gas doesn't need both for starting. My secondary battery is setup as a Auxiliary battery. All my accessories runs off of it and it's separated from the starting battery. So if i did want to run my onboard air, ect with the truck off. No worries about the truck not starting. I also have the isolator connected to a switch. So the isolator connects the two when the truck starts, but if for some reason my starting battery goes down. I can connect the aux battery by flipping a switch to jump the starting battery.

I have a couple charger ports, dash camera and things like that, that have power all the time connected to aux battery. Works well for leaving my laptop or tablet charging in the truck with it off and I don't have to worry about the starting battery getting pulled down.

Most Member Reactions

Back