Check Engine Light / ECM / EGR Valve

Good luck! I just love it when you take your vehicle in knowing it has an issue and all you can get out of them is "cleared code" "could not duplicate issue".

I ran into the same thing with my trailer light control module. Tech cleared the stored code in the BCM and it did not come back so it was "Fixed" (code will only pop if you hook up a trailer). I used my volt meter and had to show the service manager that the tail lights were still getting constant 12v even with the key off not once, not twice, but three times before they finally condemned the module. Wasted my time on three occasions before they made it right and changed the part even though when it took it in the first time I told them what it needed.

I've had one code and three warnings in DIC on my 2500HD in 1500 miles. No issues found, cleared codes, haven't returned.......janky ass software on these rigs.

Last edited:
I experienced an intermittent "Service Power Steering" message on dashboard without warning lights. This message occurred frequently during a single 20-mile drive in severe weather.

Dealer performed a software update, and the message hasn't reappeared after a 1,000-mile trip.

I suspect an Engine Control Module (ECM) issue, potentially software-related issues on these rigs, as mentioned by AXE.

Last edited:
Good luck! I just love it when you take your vehicle in knowing it has an issue and all you can get out of them is "cleared code" "could not duplicate issue".

I ran into the same thing with my trailer light control module. Tech cleared the stored code in the BCM and it did not come back so it was "Fixed" (code will only pop if you hook up a trailer). I used my volt meter and had to show the service manager that the tail lights were still getting constant 12v even with the key off not once, not twice, but three times before they finally condemned the module. Wasted my time on three occasions before they made it right and changed the part even though when it took it in the first time I told them what it needed.
If the codes continue, I'll be pressing to get the ecm replaced.

Most Member Reactions

Back