35x11.50 Load C

OldNH

Reaction score
I'm new to the site. Been spending hours researching all you helpful comments and experiences. Thanks to you all. I've done the wheel well and bumper trimming that Axe and others have done, including cutting the top off the metal bracket in back of wheel well. Had trouble finding wheels I liked that weren't out of stock. Finally bought wheels that are 18x9 with -9 offset. Going to keep suspension stock hopefully. Split between staying with "C" rated lighter weighted tires or going with the wider, heavier "E". I like the Falken A/T4W best. Ran A/T3W 325/65r18 on my lifted Toyota Tundra. They were great in all weather, but the ride was kind of stiff. I'm considering Falken A/T4W 35x11.50r18 Load C at 62.5 lbs and either same tire in 295/70r18 Load E at 69 lbs or 305/65r18 Load F (but lighter max load then 295) at 67 lbs.
35x11.50 34.9 x 11.9 x 9.2 62.5 lbs
295/70 34.3 x 12.2 x 9.9 69
305/65 33.8 x 12.2 x 10.3 67

Reactions: AXE
Falkens might be a good choice. Haven't seen many do them on the ZR2. I think you should give it a go and let us know how they do.

35s might need the Peak leveling kit with negative offset rims.

Let's see a picture of that bad boy's new shoes when you're done!

Last edited:
Falkens might be a good choice. Haven't seen many do them on the ZR2. I think you should give it a go and let us know how they do.

35s might need the Peak leveling kit worth negative offset rims.

Let's see a picture of that bad boy's new shoes when you're done!
Thanks for the feed back Axe. I'm trying to get a tire size that has close to the same proportions (tread width to height) as my old lifted Tundra had without putting a lift in this truck. Plus I like a little poke. So I think I'm leaning towards the 305/65.

Attachments

• IMG_2073.JPG
    IMG_2073.JPG
    344.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2074.JPG
    IMG_2074.JPG
    250.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2075.JPG
    IMG_2075.JPG
    278.6 KB · Views: 28
Thanks for the feed back Axe. I'm trying to get a tire size that has close to the same proportions (tread width to height) as my old lifted Tundra had without putting a lift in this truck. Plus I like a little poke. So I think I'm leaning towards the 305/65.
I have minimal clearance at back of wheel well (maybe 1/4 inch) with my Toyo RT Trails 295/70/R18 on -12 offset rims. I think those 305s are probably gonna be too much width. Only way to know is mount one up and test it, but only if you can swap tires out with tire dealer. I did that on my 2500HD ZR2 with 37s and decided I didn't like the UCA clearance. I was not allowed to run them, only test fit.

I have minimal clearance at back of wheel well (maybe 1/4 inch) with my Toyo RT Trails 295/70/R18 on -12 offset rims. I think those 305s are probably gonna be too much width. Only way to know is mount one up and test it, but only if you can swap tires out with tire dealer. I did that on my 2500HD ZR2 with 37s and decided I didn't like the UCA clearance. I was not allowed to run them, only test fit.
Your tires Axe are 34.3 diameter and the 305's are 33.8. that's 1/2" divided by 2 = 1/4" I should gain over your tire near the back wheel well. I think that math is correct. But yes my width is 12.2 to your 11.8 so that makes me 1/4" closer to UCA(according to Offset Calculator I should be about 3/4" farther away), so net gain of 3/8-1/2". Lastly 305 tread width is 1" wider then yours. That's the part I'm unsure on. Would a 3/8" spacer help? That would make my offset at -18?
Toyo OC RT Trail 295/70r18 34.3 11.8 9.3
Falken A/T4W 304/65r18 33.8 12.2 10.3

Your tires Axe are 34.3 diameter and the 305's are 33.8. that's 1/2" divided by 2 = 1/4" I should gain over your tire near the back wheel well. I think that math is correct. But yes my width is 12.2 to your 11.8 so that makes me 1/4" closer to UCA(according to Offset Calculator I should be about 3/4" farther away), so net gain of 3/8-1/2". Lastly 305 tread width is 1" wider then yours. That's the part I'm unsure on. Would a 3/8" spacer help? That would make my offset at -18?
Toyo OC RT Trail 295/70r18 34.3 11.8 9.3
Falken A/T4W 304/65r18 33.8 12.2 10.3
It's the width that matters most when you change the offset to negative as it moves the edges of the tire closer to bumper and rear frame support when steering wheel is cranked. Also rim width will affect how each tire sits. Wider rims will stretch tire and you'll gain width and lose height.

All these trucks seem to have some variability in front end geometry. Some get rubbing and some don't. Only way to know is test fit cause there are too many variables in posted specs.

I have been looking at those 35x11.5r18 Falkens. A little taller, a little narrower and a little lighter than the 295/70s that I have now. And hopefully the C rated will be a little softer. Next time that I change my setup they will be one of the tires that I consider.

There are not a lot of C rated tires in the larger sizes, finding some with a tread design that you like narrows the field even more. I will be interested to see what you pick and how it works out.

I have been looking at those 35x11.5r18 Falkens. A little taller, a little narrower and a little lighter than the 295/70s that I have now. And hopefully the C rated will be a little softer. Next time that I change my setup they will be one of the tires that I consider.

There are not a lot of C rated tires in the larger sizes, finding some with a tread design that you like narrows the field even more. I will be interested to see what you pick and how it works out.
I like the Falken A/T4W best. But must admit that the Toyo OC A/T III aren;t bad and are lighter in weight. I'll throw another tire option at you guys. The Falken A/T4W 285/70r18. It's the largest of all the 285's. It's slightly smaller expect tread width then Axe's tires.
34 x 11.50 x 9.6 Load C 18/32 tread depth 50 psi BUT 68 lbs.
Why is this C rated tire so much heavier then all the other 285. It's the same weight or heavier then most 295. It is also 5 lbs heavier then the same tire in size 35x11.5r18 Load C at 62.5 lbs.

Last edited:
I like the Falken A/T4W best. But must admit that the Toyo OC A/T III aren;t bad and are lighter in weight. I'll throw another tire option at you guys. The Falken A/T4W 285/70r18. It's the largest of all the 285's. It's slightly smaller expect tread width then Axe's tires.
Why is this C rated tire so much heavier then all the other 285. It's the same weight or heavier then most 295. It is also 5 lbs heavier then the same tire in size 35x11.5r18 Load C at 62.5 lbs.
That 285/70 weight still has me scratching my head: how is the c rated 285/70 lighter than the e rated 285/75? I don’t get it.

I like the falkens, they check a lot of boxes for my use. But if I had gone with a 17” rim I probably would’ve gone with the toyos in the c rated 35/12.5r17. I have been happy with toyos in the past but they are usually $$$. When I had my falkens put on there was a set sitting next to them. It was interesting to compare the two tread patterns side by side; the toyos were significantly more open and blocky but they still exhibit good street manners.

IMG_5486_Original.jpeg

I've always liked 285s on non lifted 1500s, best of all worlds with performance and looks.

Also lots of guys with Mickey Thompsons and Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 295s (I think).

I can't recall what my Toyos weigh (i think i posted it somewhere), but they didn't seem to make a difference in mileage and acceleration. I can still light 'em up.

Last edited:
That 285/70 weight still has me scratching my head: how is the c rated 285/70 lighter than the e rated 285/75? I don’t get it.

I like the falkens, they check a lot of boxes for my use. But if I had gone with a 17” rim I probably would’ve gone with the toyos in the c rated 35/12.5r17. I have been happy with toyos in the past but they are usually $$$. When I had my falkens put on there was a set sitting next to them. It was interesting to compare the two tread patterns side by side; the toyos were significantly more open and blocky but they still exhibit good street manners.

View attachment 15962
If you don't run Toyos you ain't shit......I mean that mostly for Busa Dave tho.

If you don't run Toyos you ain't shit......I mean that mostly for Busa Dave tho.
Living in New Hampshire with snow and ice I think I'm go for the Falken over the Toyo (sorry Axe). I like the more aggressive look of the Toyo more then Falken. But the better wet weather handling and Load Range C will hopefully give me a smoother ride. Especially since I don't do much off roading. Plus I'm hoping that the slightly smaller height will allow me to add a 3/8" spacer to my -9 wheels giving me more poke. Falken Wildpeak A/T4W 285/70r18.

The Toyo AT IIIs are three peak rated for snow. Many people on the Toyota forums run Wildpeaks and they say they like them best because of snow handling. I had them on my boys Tacoma and they did well on hardpack snow and ice on a couple ski trips they did.

Last edited:
The Toyo AT IIIs are three peak rated for snow. Many people on the Toyota forums run Wildpeaks and they say they like them best because of snow handling. I had them on my boys Tacoma and they did well on hardnpa k snow and ice on a couple ski trips they did.
The reviews I read were mainly talking about better in rainy wet weather.

Only cause nobody's mentioned them, but what about BFG All terrains? They work well and wear like iron.
I have had them on 2 jeeps (315/70r17 Load C) and they were great. Never had them on my trucks. Been running A/T3W for years now. If I could fit the 315's on my truck stock I'd buy them.

The BFG KO3s are slowly being released, it will be interesting to see how they perform

Ordered the tires. They'll be put on next Friday. Had trouble finding wheels I liked. Every time I found one it was back ordered, out of stock or discontinued. Almost went with Method MR306, but ended up with Rovos Matte Black with Machined Lip 18x9 -9mm. Sample pictures

Attachments

• ROVOS WHEEL 2.jpg
    ROVOS WHEEL 2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 15
  • JEEP with ROVOS WHEELS.jpg
    JEEP with ROVOS WHEELS.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 15

Most Member Reactions

Back