24 ZR2 Observations

ScottyB

Reaction score
New member here but have had my 2024 ZR2 2500HD Duramax since March. Currently 11,200 miles and thought I would share my thoughts on this truck. Past trucks I have owned have been a 2002, 2008 and 2015 LTZ 2500HD all Duramax. Here we go:

Interior: Seems cheap compared to my past trucks. You look at it and it scratches. Lots of cab popping when turning on uneven surfaces. I also noticed when driving on these rough Oklahoma roads I sometimes get door rattle. I like the technology and did buy an extended warranty. I did add the kicker sub kit and it helps but not like the JL audio subs I ran in my past trucks.
Exterior: Cheap paint and thin metal on these trucks compared to my past trucks. Stock tires are rock magnets. I really like the lighting on this truck but dread the day I will have to replace a headlamp $$$. I'll add a photo of my truck on this thread later.
Performance: least pedal lag being stock of all my past trucks except my 2015 which lost weight but before weight loss pedal lag was horrible. I really like the 10 speed. Pulls great but empty on Oklahoma highways it will shake your guts out. Decent fuel mileage as long as you run about 65-70mph (average around 17mpg empty and 10-13mpg pulling). Regens are few and far between and I have been only filling tank about half full cause I'm worried about the DEF sitting in there so long.

This is just a few things I have noticed and would like to hear from all of you ZR2 owners on your thoughts.

New member here but have had my 2024 ZR2 2500HD Duramax since March. Currently 11,200 miles and thought I would share my thoughts on this truck. Past trucks I have owned have been a 2002, 2008 and 2015 LTZ 2500HD all Duramax. Here we go:

Interior: Seems cheap compared to my past trucks. You look at it and it scratches. Lots of cab popping when turning on uneven surfaces. I also noticed when driving on these rough Oklahoma roads I sometimes get door rattle. I like the technology and did buy an extended warranty. I did add the kicker sub kit and it helps but not like the JL audio subs I ran in my past trucks.
Exterior: Cheap paint and thin metal on these trucks compared to my past trucks. Stock tires are rock magnets. I really like the lighting on this truck but dread the day I will have to replace a headlamp $$$. I'll add a photo of my truck on this thread later.
Performance: least pedal lag being stock of all my past trucks except my 2015 which lost weight but before weight loss pedal lag was horrible. I really like the 10 speed. Pulls great but empty on Oklahoma highways it will shake your guts out. Decent fuel mileage as long as you run about 65-70mph (average around 17mpg empty and 10-13mpg pulling). Regens are few and far between and I have been only filling tank about half full cause I'm worried about the DEF sitting in there so long.

This is just a few things I have noticed and would like to hear from all of you ZR2 owners on your thoughts.
I posted a lot on mine. For the most part, I'd give it a 9.5/10. Definitely some low quality trim pieces and paint.

I feel like mine rides great in a lot of conditions. I've run it hard on some prarie roads and I don't get any interior noise or shaking. It's definitely not as plush of a ride as on my 1500, but seems to handle variable terrain well.

My sound quality is also better in 24 vs 22. Neither are the best stock sound system I've heard, but they work ok if you play with the controls some.

I'm also getting decent mileage for a 9000 lb rig that sit tall.

Looking forward to some tuning options when they hack the ecu.

My sound quality is also better in 24 vs 22. Neither are the best stock sound system I've heard, but they work ok if you play with the controls some.
You sure? The sound systems in both truck are the same.

Reactions: AXE
You sure? The sound systems in both truck are the same.
Yes, remember, there's no quality control in any of these shit boxes, so you can't do direct comparisons. Bass quality is superior in the 24, so it allows you to dial in the treble and mid better too. It's not as good as the Tahoe HC, which has a center channel speaker and lots of cabin space.

Most Member Reactions

Back