2025 Chevy Silverado 1500 Offers New Performance Air Intake System

OMG a factory cold air box/ intake, what is @securityguy going to do now to rid the world of them? 😂
We all know it's all about marketing. Those in the know also know that, without a tune, a cat-back exhaust and a CAI will have extremely little effect except at the highest RPMs which, really means, no effect. We do these things for noise and noise alone. Unfortunately, the world is full of ****** people that don't fully understand the mechanics behind certain mods and think that a 7-12hp increase at 5500rpms on a 420hp motor is "the BOMB!" and have to have one. We have a great airbox once you get rid of the resonator and I still believe that the Airaid Jr. kit is the best of all worlds to retain the OEM box, increase and smooth out air flow using a high quality dry filter and, most importantly to me, clean up the engine bay. My motivation was to clean out the engine bay and I expected nothing more in return. Just sayin.....

ZR2 Airbox2.jpg

I suspect any intake mods done alone would increase HP some, but on a 425 HP 5300 lb rig with heavy wheels/tires you won't likely notice it.

Most Member Reactions

Back