2024 HD ZR2 - Cognito Super Stock Kit

dirtracer455

Reaction score
Hey all!
Does anyone have experience with or recommendations on the "Cognito Super Stock Kit" that was created for the ZR2 / AT4X HD models?

There aren't many reviews out there yet.. but this is a new product. My understanding is that it helps improve the droop angle / performance of the multimatic shocks that come with these models, but curious if the juice is worth the squeeze.

Any info appreciated!

Save yourself a lot of time and money and just buy the spacers and braces. They tell you right in the description that the stock uppers are designed for the extra height. I learned the hard way over the years about replacing Cognito ball joints! You definitely should get the spacers and braces!! You will feel the difference as soon as you get on the interstate!

Hey all!
Does anyone have experience with or recommendations on the "Cognito Super Stock Kit" that was created for the ZR2 / AT4X HD models?

There aren't many reviews out there yet.. but this is a new product. My understanding is that it helps improve the droop angle / performance of the multimatic shocks that come with these models, but curious if the juice is worth the squeeze.

Any info appreciated!
I've had Cognito lifts before and they make nice stuff. I've never had an issue changing out the ball joints on a Cognito a-arm, assuming it uses the three bolt attachment.

A-arms might be beneficial, but not sure of the benefit without much lift.

The Cognito braces are beneficial and will help you with longevity of the idler arm and pitman arm that takes alot of stress on a lifted truck with large tires. You can buy that separately.

I've had Cognito lifts before and they make nice stuff. I've never had an issue changing out the ball joints on a Cognito a-arm, assuming it uses the three bolt attachment.

A-arms might be beneficial, but not sure of the benefit without much lift.

The Cognito braces are beneficial and will help you with longevity of the idler arm and pitman arm that takes alot of stress on a lifted truck with large tires. You can buy that separately.
For the record, I never have issues changing their ball joints, it's finding them has been what my problems have been.

Has anyone measured out compressed shock length to bump? Unfortunately, I don't have the truck yet, but from research seems the multimatics are 15" Compressed 18.75" Extended. Does the resulting 16" compressed with the spacers clear at full bump? Looks like OEM Z71s are 14.25" compressed, so the multimatics would already be .75" less on the up stroke.

Highly considering. I just remove my kryptonite stage 3. Had it installed for 3 months and had nothing but problems. Normally I'm a big fan of Kryptonite but this time was a swing and a miss.

The only thing beneficial in that "kit" that I see is the PISK, which you can buy separate. The rest is trying to create sales from an answer to a question nobody asked. I am also particularly offended at the lack of knowledge displayed in this comment:

The 2500HD AT4X and ZR2 already comes 'leveled' from the factory via torsion bar and torsion key clocking.

Not only are they not leveled, that's not even close to how the truck got 1.5" all around of honest suspension lift (not level). They should know that. The other typo in the description reeks of marketing intern or something.

Anyway, I would just get the PISK (which I do have). The rest is fluff. There is no way to genuinely improve "ride quality", which most people read as softer suspension, in any GM HD unless you change the super high spring rate. Their comfort ride torsion bars and leafs would do that (at a -25% capability penalty).

The only thing beneficial in that "kit" that I see is the PISK, which you can buy separate. The rest is trying to create sales from an answer to a question nobody asked. I am also particularly offended at the lack of knowledge displayed in this comment:

Not only are they not leveled, that's not even close to how the truck got 1.5" all around of honest suspension lift (not level). They should know that. The other typo in the description reeks of marketing intern or something.

Anyway, I would just get the PISK (which I do have). The rest is fluff. There is no way to genuinely improve "ride quality", which most people read as softer suspension, in any GM HD unless you change the super high spring rate. Their comfort ride torsion bars and leafs would do that (at a -25% capability penalty).
I’m still trying to figure out their claims on the shock spacer. I need to actually jack and up and measure, but effective downtravel looked like a lot more than their claimed 2”. For a shock that only has 3.75” of reported travel, if they are talking shock travel you would not want to give up any of the remaining uptravel unless you are getting it back by turning up the bars.

Reactions: AXE
Turning up bars too far defeats the purpose of the ZR2 lift in the first place. To get the extra 1.5" everyone always cranks to/wants on the standard HDs but without the bad baljoint and CV angles that come with it.

Cranking a ZR2 lifts it even higher than a cranked standard HD can go, yes, but it also reintroduces the janky shortcut problems that the ZR2 set out to solve in the first place.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back